Blog Description

This is a space for dream words, love words, flying words, fall down, and get up words. First it begins inside your heart. Something moves, opens, frees itself. And now you feel a rhythm breaking it's long silence. This is going to be good. Be creative. Be generous. Be bold. For it is here that we begin to tell our story.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

baby #2

Before you get too excited, this is not the announcement you think it is. We are not pregnant. I just want to talk about it for a second.
Let me start by saying how flattered I am that so many of you want us to have another baby right now! It is truly delightful how excited y'all get every time I get sick! You think I am being sarcastic, but I mean it. Being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done and it brings me joy and comfort the confidence you all have in me bringing another little bundle of joy into the world. 
We WANT another baby. This may come as a surprise to you, since I am always talking about how terrified I am, but we really do want another one. Heck, we want a couple more! We plan on growing our little family.
All that being said, I really wish I could go a day without hearing "when are you having another one?", "It's your turn.", and other common phrases alike. Why? Why if we are so excited to have more kids would that be an issue? Because having babies 1, 2, 3 or 10 is a deeply personal decision. One that is between my husband, myself, and the lord. And one I promise you we do not take lightly. So much thought goes into it, and when thought fails us, we pray. 
Plus, guys, when we do decide it is time to bless this earth with another baby matagi, we would like to be able to announce it to y'all when we are ready and asking about it everyday makes that impossible! 
Here is what I ask... I know it's a lot, but you guys are my friends and I think you can handle it... Don't stop telling me you're excited for us to have another baby. We need your continued support. Do stop asking when. In exchange, I promise you this: We will tell you when. When we are ready. Deal?

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!! I feel the exact same way! And when you do get blessed to have another one, I am here for you girly!! You're an amazing mom and your little girl is so lucky to have you! (she's adorable!) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this once, so if it double posts oh well.
    This is totally fair. I can't wait for the time to be right to meet another baby Matagorda (my phone autocorrected that, and it was funny so I left it :)).

    ReplyDelete