Blog Description

This is a space for dream words, love words, flying words, fall down, and get up words. First it begins inside your heart. Something moves, opens, frees itself. And now you feel a rhythm breaking it's long silence. This is going to be good. Be creative. Be generous. Be bold. For it is here that we begin to tell our story.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Baby thoughts/update

At our first ultrasound the nice nurse lady warmed up the goo before she put it on my tiny tummy and let me see and hear my little baby for the very first time. I am convinced she is an angel.
At our following appointment the nurse put cold goop on me with no warning before she used the doppler moniter to let me hear my little one's heartbeat. Rude. But forgiven because my mom came with me and she heard that little heart racing and she covered her face and squealed, "I can hear it's heart beeping!" Totally made it worth it. She is going to spoil this child like crazy. 
Today we went in again and my sweet hubby was able to come. After I got over the shock of the once again cold goop, I got to hear that magical sound that makes my own heart flutter. Today we are at 156 beats per minute. Deadly to a normal person. Perfect for a growing infant. The doctor poked around my belly and determined that there's a head by my right hip, and a bum by my left. I hope the tiny little one is comfortable.
We get to find out if we're baking a little boy or a little girl on June 18th at 1:30pm. That same day we will also be officially half way done! I'm happy to see the nice ultrasound angel again. I think we'll make a day of it and get lunch with our parents before or after. After that, I suppose I'll make some kind of public announcement so that you can all share in our joy.
I know you're just as excited as we are.

1 comment: